Help job seekers save time and land a new job faster with ResumeDirector.com. They'll be able to enter their resume once and have it posted instantly to over 75 career sites(includes Monster, HotJobs, CareerBuilder, etc.)! Click here to sign up for the ResumeDirector.com.

Dec 9, 2009

Four Sources of Candidates

December, 2009

Subscribe

Unsubscribe

T h e  R a d i n  R e p o r t
Recruiting News, Training & Commentary

Hot Video Training!

British Invasion? Recruitment Juice Arrives in the U.S.

It's fun, engaging and the best training to hit the industry in years! If you enjoy TV's "The Office," you'll love this video training ... more

 
 

Recruiter Coaching

Looking for a coach, consultant or advisor?

Bill Radin provides coaching to recruiters, owners and managers ... (Read more)

 
 

Webinar Replays

LinkedIn for Recruiters
Presenter: Mark E. Berger
 
Online Sourcing Secrets
Presenter: Irina Shamaeva
 
Twitter for Recruiters
Presenter: Mark E. Berger
 
 

Free MP3 Downloads

"Negotiating a
Higher Fee"
Why not race to the top? The journey's not too hard and the view is great!
 
 
"How to Talk MONEY with Your Candidates"
It's easier than you thinkif you know what to ask and how to ask it.
 
 

Audio CDs for Recruiters

Online, offline, referral
and cold-call strategies.
2-hour audio program
$95.00
info
 

About the Newsletter

The Radin Report is published monthly by Bill Radin, a top-producing recruiter, trainer and manager whose innovative techniques have helped thousands of recruiters achieve peak performance and career satisfaction. 

 
 
 
 

Four Sources of Candidates
By Bill Radin

As a recruiter, I've found that there are four basic sources of candidates. Or, to put it another way, there are four ways in which I can organize and make best use of my candidate resources. These sources are:

1. Candidates I own.
These are all the people who I already have in my database. I don't own them in the literal sense, of course. The term "candidates I own" simply applies to the people who are in my contact files—and my files are something that I own.

 

The candidates I own are the people I already know about or whose contact information, profiles or resumes are in my database. Whenever I start a search, I turn to these people first, not only because they're the most accessible, but because over the years, I've gotten to know many of them, and I've qualified them, sent them to interviews, and maybe even placed them ... read more or watch my video
 


How to Hire Top Recruiter Talent
Part Two: How to Find Recruiters

By Doug Beabout

Nothing will have greater impact on increasing your profit like a good recruiter. To limit your search for recruiters to friends and personal contacts is a limiting way to build a business. Friendship is a welcome spin-off benefit of effective recruiter hiring; it is not the major criteria.

An empty desk is a drain on income. (You still have to pay expenses to maintain an empty desk and its resources.) However, it is not significant when compared to the cost caused by a failing recruiter at that desk. Successful recruiters are ... read more


Going Social
(Without Going: "Ready, Shoot, Aim)

By Paul Siker

I have a confession to make. For some time now, I have resisted the buzz, hype, and fervor for all things "Social" in recruiting. It's not that I don't see value in social networking tools (I do), nor is it that I can't appreciate the upside to social media channels (I can). My resistance has primarily been grounded in a desire to "let the dust settle," while allowing individuals who are a whole lot smarter than me provide some insight on the "where, what, and how" questions that surround social networking and social media, as in: "Where does one begin, what's working, and how does one go about implementing a reasonable plan of attack?"  Somewhat selfishly, I've been waiting to obtain just a glimpse of clarity about how best to proceed in eloquently deploying my own "social" game plan ... read more


The Race to Recovery is On!
Part One: Moving Forward

By Gaynor Lowndes

It's heartening to hear about the economic recovery after so much doom and gloom in recent months. In fact, I am talking to many recruiters who now have a pipeline similar to what they had before the crash.

Now though, is the time to think about your desk and how you want to work moving forward. I have no doubt that we will soon return to the job rich, quality candidate scarce market that so many of you experienced prior to 2008. There will however, be some differences to the boom market many of us have experienced for the last 10 to 15 years.

What can you do to ensure that you make the most of the recovery? Step one is to reflect on the lessons learned from this difficult economic period ... read more
 

 


©2009 billradin.com, all rights reserved 
w 5320 Eagleswatch Court w Cincinnati, OH 45230 USA
Customer Care: (800) 837-7224 or
billradin@billradin.com
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

http://www.socialgo.com/

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP